Taste of India – Contest Mania 2018 Guidelines – REGISTER HERE
PLEASE NOTE VENUE: 5700 Magnolia Chase Way, Virginia Beach, VA 23464
- Each team should have at least 6 members, and a maximum of 8 members.
- No player can play in more than one team.
- Each team has to pay $30 as the registration fee – This is exclusive to Volleyball and is separate from the other adult contests.
- Each player, participating should sign the NDA, before playing any match.
- Umpiring will be conducted by the Contest Lead only and Umpires decision will be final.
- Umpires name(s) will be announced in advance by the Contest Lead.
- Tournament Format:
- Group Stage:
- Each team will play against each other Knock out matches
- Each win will move to Next level.
- Losing team is out of tournament.
- Each game will be a best of 3 sets (15 points each).
- Out of 12 teams Top three teams will play semi and Final
- Team with highest points will be directly into finals
- 2nd and 3rd position team will play to get into finals.
- Finale will be decided from Best of 3 sets (21 points each).
- Group Stage:
- Other Rules:
- While playing, any part of body should not touch the net.
- Only 2 substitutes allowed per set, and can happen only when your team has Service (Injury is exception).
- Substitutes also should sign the NDA
- All the games will be played in a player-rotation format.
Positions are numbered, one through six, starting with the server in the back right corner. Then going in a counter-clockwise direction, the rest of the positions are numbered. The actual direction of the rotation is clockwise, however. After the server finishes, the other team gets the ball, and you get the ball back, everyone just shifts to the right one spot.
In volleyball there are three players in the front row and three in the back, and each player just rotates to the next position as the plays go along. Any time a player is in the back row, cannot “attack” the ball in front of the 10-foot line on the court. Attacks are also known as “hits” or “spikes”—usually the third hit of a possession. This rule is in effect to make sure that the strong hitters aren’t always able to dominate the game. When the strong hitters are in the back row, they can still attack the ball on the third hit, but they cannot jump in front of the 10-foot line.
- Switching is not allowed.
- One foot may cross/touch the center line.
- If 1 foot crosses the center line, its fine. Umpire will call, if he feels that more than 1 foot crossed.
- For Group Stage, one timeout per set is allowed, though timeout should not be more than 1 min.
- For Knockout Stage, two timeout per set are allowed, though timeout should not be more than 1 min.
- For 3rd Set, Courts will be exchanged, as soon as 1 team reaches 8 points.
- On the Line will be considered as IN all the time.
- In case of any conflicts, Umpire decision will be final.