Taste of India 2019 Cultural Program Participation Guidelines.
1. Age and number of performances per participant:
- All participants must be aged 5 years or older.
- Under 12 year-old may participate in only one performance.
- 12 year-old or older may participate in maximum 2 performances.
- Professional choreographers are exempt from this rule.
2. Registration Fees:
- A non-refundable registration fee of $5.00 per participant/ per performance.
- Registration fee must be paid online by choreographer for all the team members per performance.
3. Minimum Number of Performers per Team and Performance Duration:
- Each dance performance must have a minimum of 4 participants.
- Chair, Cultural Committee may consider waiving this requirement for few 13 year or older participants.
- Each performance should not be more than 6 minutes.
4. Music Upload:
- All music must be uploaded online at time of registration.
- If there are any edits to the music after registration, please email the revised music file to Davinder Kumar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NO CD will be accepted.
5. No Food in Green Rooms:
- Choreographers, team leaders and parents shall ensure that participants do not bring any food or drinks into the Green Rooms.
- Registration opened on January 21.
- Registrations will be accepted on first come, first served basis, subject to approval by Cultural Committee..
- The first registration for a particular song will be given preference.
- Please check and confirm that the song you wish to register has not already been registered.
- Registration will close on March 29.
- If all available slots fill up sooner, registration will close earlier.
- The Cultural Committee reserves the right to disapprove any registration where the proposed performance’s quality or content does not adequately promote the objectives of the Cultural Program -in the Cultural Committee Chair’s sole discretion.
7. Cultural Rehearsal
- Sunday, April 21 – at Hindu Temple of Hampton Roads, Chesapeake, VA.
- Participation of all performers (excluding College Teams) is mandatory.
8. Taste of India 2019 Event Date: Saturday, April 27