Taste of India 2019 Cultural Program Registration opened on Monday, 21 January and will close on or before 29 March.
Taste of India 2019 Cultural Program Participation Guidelines.
1. Age and number of performances per participant:
- All participants must be aged 5 years or older.
- Under 12 year-old may participate in only one performance.
- 12 year-old or older may participate in maximum 2 performances.
- Professional choreographers are exempt from this rule.
2. Registration Fees:
- A non-refundable registration fee of $5.00 per participant/ per performance.
- Registration fee must be paid online by choreographer for all the team members per performance.
3. Minimum Number of Performers per Team and Performance Duration:
- Each dance performance must have a minimum of 4 participants.
- Chair, Cultural Committee may consider waiving this requirement for few 13 year or older participants.
- Each performance should not be more than 6 minutes.
4. Music Upload:
- All music must be uploaded online at time of registration.
- If there are any edits to the music after registration, please email the revised music file to Davinder Kumar at email@example.com.
- NO CD will be accepted.
5. No Food in Green Rooms:
- Choreographers, team leaders and parents shall ensure that participants do not bring any food or drinks into the Green Rooms.
- Registration opened on January 21.
- Registrations will be accepted on first come, first served basis, subject to approval by Cultural Committee.
- The first registration for a particular song will be given preference.
- Please check and confirm that the song you wish to register has not already been registered.
- Registration will close on March 29.
- If all available slots fill up sooner, registration will close earlier.
- The Cultural Committee reserves the right to disapprove any registration where the proposed performance’s quality or content does not adequately promote the objectives of the Cultural Program -in the Cultural Committee Chair’s sole discretion.
7. Cultural Rehearsal
- Sunday, April 21 – at Hindu Temple of Hampton Roads, Chesapeake, VA.
- Participation of all performers (excluding College Teams) is mandatory.
8. Taste of India 2019 Event Date: Saturday, April 27